I. General information
The submissions for AZYL SHORTS are launching on 1st March 2023 when the organizers will start the registration process on the festival´s web. Creators can submit their artworks until the 30st June 2023. The main prizes will be determined by an international jury consisting of representatives from the v4 countries and Ukraine. Films will be gradually presented on the web page azylshorts.sk after their submission via an online formular.
Main organizer of the AZYL Shorts is Azyl Production s.r.o., Panenská 13, 811 03 Bratislava
The Festival AZYL SHORTS has 3 Competitive sections:
1. One Minute Films
2. Five Minute films
3. Music Videos
III. Movie selection and Prizes
A small jury will decide the nominees and designate 20 movies in each category after the voting closes. The final ranking order will be determined by a great jury consisting of qualified film industry professionals from the V4 countries and Ukraine. A prize will be awarded to the first place in the categories of one minute films, five minute films and music videos.
Festival isn’t limited to any topic nor theme. Submitted movies will be stored and archived on the web page azylshorts.sk
Organizers reserve the right to not publicize submitted movies in the competitive category.
IV. Films Propagation
A selection of the best movies from each category will be screened at an international film festival of short film AZYL SHORTS 2023 in October 2023 where the prize ceremony for the winning movies will also take place. The best movies from Season 2023 will later be screened at various cultural centers in the V4 as well other movie events and presentations in Slovakia and other countries.
The organizer reserves the right to show the submitted films, music videos and parts of them on the internet and social networks of the festival. Furthermore, the organizer reserves the right to use pictures and photographs of the submitted films and music videos for promotional purposes and provide said materials to the media with the intention of promoting the festival and informing the general public.
V. Competition Participation Conditions
1. Anyone can enter the competition.
2. Film submitted into the competition must be shorter than one minute or cannot exceed the duration of five minutes. Movies cannot be made before 2021.
3. The participant must complete the festival form truthfully and accurately. With submitting the form, the participant automatically accepts the Festival Terms and Conditions.
4. The participant must pay the entry fee (payment is not required for the schools – the maximum number of films per one school is 5).
5. The participants must submit their films by July 15th 2023. Registrations after this date will be deemed invalid.
6. The participant is responsible for their movie and guarantees that it is not burdened by any liabilities which would breach or violate the author or screening rights with 3rd parties.
7. Submitted movies can be screened at festivals and events other than the AZYL SHORTS 2023.
8. The festival has no topic or theme limitations. Movies submitted can be a motion picture, animated movie, an experimental film, dance video or a music clip etc.
9. Film must be submitted in the format that is outlined by the registration form. If the movie contains any dialogues in a foreign language, a dialog list or English subtitles must be attached to the registration.
VI. Personal data processing
- By participating in the competition, you enter into a contractual relationship with the organizer in accordance with the License Terms and the Competition rules. Personal data are processed on the basis of Art. 6 par. 1 letter (b) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter “GDPR Regulation”), in conjunction with Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data.
- The competitor declares that the personal data provided in the application form about other persons (e.g.: author of music, script, etc.) were provided in accordance with legal regulations, in particular in accordance with the GDPR Regulation.
- The competitor declares that all personal data provided is correct, current and true.